Subject: (urth) 5HC: Dopey and Doh!

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:31:21 +0000

In a previous mess, I wrote:
>The largest group we see are seven
>Two are wrinkled and stiff (elderly)
>One is a woman
>Two are neither old nor young (adult)
>Two are little more than boys
>to which we add Sandwalker, as shadow friend: seven males, one woman.
>
>Sounds like a creepy Snow White to me.

Since nobody else is going to run with it, I must patiently point out that,
much as we might like Sandwalker to be "Dopey" of the six dark dwarfs, in
fact it is Dopey ("sacred" in his intoxication) who challenges Sandwalker
and finally scratches him.

>One more tangential tidbit: re: the claimed abo naming conventions of Mary
>and John.  It is interesting that this does not appear in "A Story" at all,
>with the exception of the infant Mary Pink Butterflies.

No!  At birth the twins are named John: John Eastwind and John Sandwalker.

=mantis=

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/