Subject: (urth) Castleview Redux

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:55:23 +0000

Okay... Having now reread CASTLEVIEW under somewhat better
circumstances (i.e., at home, not lacking massive quantities
of sleep, etc.), I'm still puzzled by the puzzlement. In 
some ways, this seems to be one of the most straightforward 
things GW has written -- an account of some mortals caught 
up in the affairs of Faerie, one of whom turns out to be
the brother of the Faerie Queen. Most of the "Huh? What's
going on here" sequences strike me as (in retrospect) 
glamours -- mortals facing faeries see a combination of what
they expect and what the faeries want them to see. The only 
major puzzles I think left by the book's ending are whether 
certain characters are mortal or fay.

So what's the problem here?

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Peter Westlake <peter at harlequin.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:05:45 +0000

At 10:55 2001-01-04 -0800, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
>of sleep, etc.), I'm still puzzled by the puzzlement. 
...
>So what's the problem here?

Does that mean you can answer all, many, or even some of the
long list of questions I posted a few weeks ago?

The ever-optimistic,

Spectacled Bear.