Subject: (urth) Names for Green Men

From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:28:50 +0000

For gaming purposes, I am trying to name several Green Men from New Sun
including one Green Woman. Inspired by Mantis' name lists in 
GURPS NEW SUN, I would like to give them suitably Wolfean names if
anyone would like to contribute some.

Currently, I am compiling various languages' words for the color green,
but other possibilities might be words relating to the future, or to
plenty. However, I have yet to come across a suitable name beginning
with D, and this would be invaluable in tying in with an earlier series
of mysterious notes signed with that initial. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

some examples:
Green - Verde, Viridis, Gruen
Future - Skuld, Man~ana
Plenty - Coepia, Panamos

-- 
Jeff Wilson
How Am I Posting? 1-800-555-6789
"If your SecOp can see you, so can the enemy." -Cpt Law

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:11:30 +0000

>of mysterious notes signed with that initial. Any suggestions would be

Weeell . . . it ain't exactly what you are looking for, but here's "Durra."

My rationale is that "green" comes from an Indo-European root that also
gives rise to "grass."  And the green man has a grassy smell.  And durra is
a type of grass.

=mantis=