Subject: (urth) Greening, was Names for Green Men

From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 13:31:16 +0000

> From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>

> Weeell . . . it ain't exactly what you are looking for, but here's "Durra."
> 
> My rationale is that "green" comes from an Indo-European root that also
> gives rise to "grass."  And the green man has a grassy smell.  And durra is
> a type of grass.

Hey, I'll take it! Good thinking, and very appropriate. Any hints on
pronunciation?

I recall you recently mentioned having yet to ponder how Severian might
go about bringing Ushas into full bloom, but isn't that something that
would follow without his help, once the New Sun has come? The four
grassy hills he returns to find after his stint as Apu Punchau seem to
be good evidence his work is done. 

Or since we are talking about the Green Man/Men, does he need to do
something personally to introduce Anthroposophy so that the potential to
engineer their symbiotic algae remains?

-- 
Jeff Wilson
How Am I Posting? 1-800-555-6789
"If your SecOp can see you, so can the enemy." -Cpt Law

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/