Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v030.n054

From: akt <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:22:10 +0000

> From: Redhaven1 at aol.com
> Subject: Green children
> This is from my dad's copy of Reader's Digest's Mysteries of the
Unexplained:
>
>     Two children appeared from a cave near Banjos, Spain, in August
1887.
> Their skin was green, and their clothes were of an unfamiliar
material.  They
> could not speak Spanish, and their eyes appeared Oriental.
>     At first they would not eat, and the boy died, but the girl
survived and
> learned enough Spanish to explain that they came from a sunless land,
where
> one day a whirlwind had swept her and her companion away and deposited
them
> in the cave.  Understandably, this did little to dispel the wonder
> surrounding her.  She died in 1892, her origins still unknown.
>
> The book sites the source as being Colin Wilson, Enigmas and
Mysteries, p.131.
>
>     There is also an illustration with the caption "The story of the
green
> children found in Spain is remarkably similiar to that of two green
children-
> a boy and a girl- who emerged from a cave in Woolpit, England, in the
11th
> century; the girl said they came from a sunless land."  But I haven't
found
> any entry in the book that talks about this other appearance.  The
whole
> thing sounds weird, but then again, that's what the book is about.
Hope
> maybe this helped.

 Very helpful. Thank you.
-alga

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/