Subject: (urth) New Wolfe story online

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:53:13 +0000

A few months ago, I urged Ellen Datlow to run a Gene
Wolfe story on SCI FICTION, and lo--whether because of
my suggestion or without reference to it--she has now
done so. The story is new, it's called "Copperhead",
and it can be found here:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/originals_archive/wolfe/wolfe1.html

--Nick Gevers.

____________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.co.uk address at http://mail.yahoo.co.uk
or your free @yahoo.ie address at http://mail.yahoo.ie

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: William Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:01:29 +0000

[I am replying to this message on the Urth list because it really 
belongs here, even though it was originally posted on the Whorl list.]

At 2:08 PM -0700 5/3/01, David DiGiacomo wrote:
>Wow, I hated this story.  It had all my least favorite Lupine elements:
>phonetic dialect, misogyny, Christianity, and an incomprehensible ending.
>
>Did anyone like it?

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hated this story, but I didn't care 
much for it either. In addition to your list of "least favorite 
Lupine elements," another one (for me at least) this story displayed 
is the vaguely apocalyptic, vaguely described 
future/alternate-history version of the United States.

-- 
William Ansley