Subject: (urth) Copperhead: The Fall

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:11:22 +0000

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Michael Straight wrote:

> Still, that's a big problem - Cain and Abel, and murder particularly, are
> definitely post-Fall, so it's hard to see how Adam (and Eden) could still
> be glorified and unfallen if Cain has already killed Abel.

The explanation came to me right after I hit send.

Lilith and Adam and Eden are post fall, as shown by Cain having already
killed Abel.  It's just that, even after the Fall, it took a while for
humans to lose their grandeur -- Adam lived for 930 years, and his
children had long lifespans for generations (up until the Flood, leading
some Creation Scientists to theorize that the Flood came from a
"firmament" of water that had surrounded the Earth, shielding people from
UV and other harmful radiation, explaining the longer lifetimes).  And
Eden after the Fall remains a glorious place that must be guarded by an
angel with a flaming sword.  

So the Fall has occured, but Adam is still more glorious than those of us
who have never talked with God face-to-face in the cool of the morning,
and Eden is still the home of barking trees and sounding rams horns.

-Rostrum

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/