Subject: (urth) So the next question is...

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:47:46 +0000

... what to read till the next Gene Wolfe book comes?

(And by the way, does anyone -- Wombat, this question has your name 
written all over it -- know what he's working on now? "The Book of 
the Old Sun?" "Island of the Death Doctor?" "The Sixth, Seventh, and 
Eighth Heads of Cerberus?" "By the Pricking of my Thumbs?" "Paradise 
Misplaced?" -- there's _another_ topic, "titles for fictional Wolfe 
books...")

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:19:21 +0000

> Misplaced?" -- there's _another_ topic, "titles for fictional Wolfe 

SOLDIER OF SIDON!  SOLDIER OF SIDON!  SOLDIER OF SIDON!

-Rostrum

P.S.  Pretty please?

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at ungames.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:07:39 +0000

>Misplaced?" -- there's _another_ topic, "titles for fictional Wolfe 

According to Robert Borski, Wolfe's next project is a
complete-in-one-volume Big Fat Fantasy Novel (around 1100 pages) with the
title _The Wizard Knight_. That is literally all I know about it. I don't
believe he has delivered it to Hartwell yet; David usually mentions such
things to me just to see me writhe in pain. 

_Soldier in Sidon_ is apparently next in the queue after that. I want Wolfe
to write an Oz novel. 

-- 
Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney at ungames.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://www.nyrsf.com

---

From: E Dorian <edorian at hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:35:17 +0000

>_Soldier in Sidon_ is apparently next in the queue after that. I want Wolfe

I've never heard of Soldier in Sidon, so I went searching just now on 
Amazon, and it came back with six items, none with the title in question.  
So, could someone please give some information on this book for me?

Thanks Much,

Darryl
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at ungames.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:28:00 +0000

>So, could someone please give some information on this book for me?

Long-awaited third volume in the "Latro" series (_Soldier of the Mist_,
_Soldier of Arete_). 

-- 
   Kevin Maroney | Unplugged Games 
   kmaroney at ungames.com | (212) 777-1190