Subject: (urth)

From: Russell Wodell <hse at telus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:04:47 +0000

This message was sent to David at work. We checked our system and the named
file was indeed there...so best to treat this seriously.

Russell

Friends,
I found this on my computer... please follow the directions and remove it
from yours TODAY!!!!!!!

It was brought to my attention yesterday that a virus was on all of our
computers here at work. I do not know how long it has been on our computers,
but Virus software can not detect it. It will not become active until June
1,  2001, at that point it will become active and will be too late. It wipes
out all files and folders on the hard drive. This virus travels thru E-mail
and migrates to the 'C:\windows\command'  folder. To find it and get rid of
it,  do the following.

 Go to the "START" button.
 Go to "FIND" or "SEARCH"
 Go to "FILES & FOLDERS"
 Make sure the find box is searching the "C:" drive.
 Type in; SULFNBK.EXE
 Begin search.
 If it finds it, highlight it. DO NOT OPEN THE FILE!!!
 Go to 'File' and delete it.
 Close the find Dialog box
 Open the Recycle Bin
 Find the file and delete it from the Recycle bin
 You should be safe.

The bad part is: You need to contact everyone you have sent ANY E-mail to in
the past few months. I do not know how long this has been on our computers.
Two computers at  Midlands Tech. have been found with this virus on it. One
I had sent E-mail to, one I have not.

DO NOT RELY ON YOUR ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE. McAFEE NOR NORTON CAN DETECT IT
BECAUSE IT DOES NOT BECOME A VIRUS UNTIL JUNE 1ST.  IT
WILL BE TOO LATE THEN. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT OPEN THE FILE!!!

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/