Subject: (urth) Amanda Ros

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:18:23 +0000

Roy,

Okay, we have a genuine timeline problem, since O RARE AMANDA was first
published in 1954.

How neat if our best anchor points (like Ludwig's biography of Napoleon)
all come from publishing dates!

Back to Amanda:

>IRENE IDDESLEIGH
>
>DELINA DELANEY
>
>DONALD DUDLEY
>
>FUMES OF FORMATION (poetry)
>
>POEMS OF PUNCTURE (poetry)

These titles all check out.  IRENE was her first book (a savage critique of
it backfired and launched her, in a way), DONALD was aimed at literary
critics, FUMES was her final published work.

I mentioned before HELEN HUDDLESON--it turns out she never finished the
manuscript.

There is also ST. SCANDALBAGS, which slams critics.

Amanda Ros was famous for hating critics and lawyers; thus it makes perfect
sense, seeing as how she wrote DONALD, that she would also pen a book
blasting lawyers.

Hence the rationale for THE LUSTY LAWYER.

Looking over the titles, with an eye toward PEACE (please don't forget that
the =only= occurance of the word "peace" in PEACE is in the Ros forgery!),
I will admit that I'm a little uneasy about "Delina," since A.D. Weer's
mom's name is Adelina, aka "Della."

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/