Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v030.n131

From: Alice Turner <pei047 at attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:02:22 +0000

Wombat wrote.
>
> It's Old English for "elf-land". I don't know if that makes you feel
better
> or worse about it....

I know. Worse.

-alga

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: PMorris33 <pmorris33 at aol.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 04:03:01 +0000

Wonderful to hear about a new Wolfe book in any of his many fine narrative 
schemes.  But what about the "Soldier Series"?  Will poor Latro ever ever get 
home?  He's beginning to get a handle on his memory, (thanks to Matteo 
Ricci-style memory palace disciplines), he's made quite a splash during the 
Chariot races, we know the lovely Lares domestic spirit has shown him 
pictures of his farming family, but he's still stranded among the Greeks.  
Well, he's last seen boarding a Punic/Carthogenian ship.  

BRING LATRO BACK HOME.   NOW  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smudgecat.

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at ungames.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:29:34 +0000

At 12:03 AM 6/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
>schemes.  But what about the "Soldier Series"?

Robert Borski has said that Wolfe does intend to resume the Latro series, 
possibly as his next work after _The Wizard Knight_.

-- 
Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney at ungames.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://www.nyrsf.com