Subject: (urth) Ghastliness revisited

From: Alice Turner <pei047 at attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 05:58:49 +0000

Last night I had absolutely galloping insomnia and in flipping around
the tube landed about 20 minutes into -Gormenghast- again, an
all-nighter with both parts. And I take back my Groan. It couldn't have
been better company for an all-nighter (it is now 5:15 a.m.), and I
obviously quit much too soon before, or wasn't in the mood. Wonderful
character parts--I wish the credits had rolled more slowly. My absolute
favorite was the Queen, Zoe Wanamaker, I think. (She'd be a good Duchess
in Alice, wouldn't she?) It looked great and was very funny at moments.
I can't imagine ever wanting to read the book again (I don't think I
ever got through all three), but wouldn't mind revisiting the
mini-series.

It's just soaked in Shakespeare, isn't it? References from or to at
least half a dozen plays.

-alga

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 07:06:53 +0000

>ever got through all three), but wouldn't mind revisiting the

Ha-ha!

Hee-hee!

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at ungames.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:47:16 +0000

At 05:58 AM 7/1/01 -0400, alga wrote:
>Wonderful
>character parts--I wish the credits had rolled more slowly.

Credits are in the IMDB--<http://us.imdb.com/Title?0197154>. Zoe Wannamaker 
was Clarice.

-- 
Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin J. Maroney kmaroney at ungames.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://www.nyrsf.com