Subject: (urth) Books of Essays

From: Nigel Price <nigel.a.price at virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:56:41 +0000

Ron crown asks:

>>The following items are listed in the "Forthcoming books" section of the
>>Locus website.  Do any list members know details of the contents?  I
>>imagine at least one or two of you are contributors to the second item.
>>(There's nothing at the press's website.)

>>Wolfe, Gene. Shadows of the New Sun: Essays (Liverpool University Press,
>>nf, hc)
>>Wright, Peter. Attending Dedalus: Essays on Gene Wolfe (Liverpool
>>University Press, nf, hc)

Peter Wright told us about his book "Attending Dedalus" at the Wolfe
Symposium at Birmingham University last year. This is, to the best of my
recollection, a book of his own essays about Wolfe, and includes material
taken from his doctoral thesis and published essays. It's certainly one that
I want to get hold of.

Don't remember if he mentioned the first title here, though I've got a
feeling he might have done. Anyone remember? Jonathan? Joshua? Spectacled
Bear? Again, looks very interesting.

Nigel

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Spectacled Bear <spectacled.bear at pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:48:55 +0000

>Bear? Again, looks very interesting.

Sorry, I don't recall. One thing I do remember is that Peter was
interested in the urth and whorl lists, but didn't know how to
subscribe. He doesn't seem to be here now; did anything happen
about that?

Spectacled Bear.