Subject: (urth) Did Wolfe write this short story???

From: PMorris33 <pmorris33 at aol.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 01:17:34 +0000

My memory is not what it should be.  I'm recalling a story from the Dozois 
"Year's Best In Science Fiction"  I'm wondering if it was written by Wolfe.  
If not, does anyone in this group recognize it so as to provide me with the 
author?

A young somewhat embittered woman works in a refugee camp.  The refugees are 
from the future.  The future these people are fleeing from is one where 
people are terrified, enslaved, and tortured by a cruel political system.

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:10:53 +0000

>people are terrified, enslaved, and tortured by a cruel political system.

Not ringing a bell for me in either Wolfe dept. or YBSF dept.  Do you have
a sense of what year it was published?  Last few years, or several years
ago?

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:53:21 +0000

No, it's not Wolfe. You're referring to Michael
Swanwick's rather brilliant short story "Radiant
Doors" (1998).

--Nick Gevers.

 --- Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
wrote: > >My memory is not what it should be.  I'm
recalling
> a story from the Dozois

____________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.co.uk address at http://mail.yahoo.co.uk
or your free @yahoo.ie address at http://mail.yahoo.ie