Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v030.n178

From: PMorris33 <pmorris33 at aol.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:13:50 +0000

In a message dated 8/31/01 10:59:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, 
urth-errors at lists1.ba.best.com writes:

> <<<<

I think it was in Dozois Year's Best, probably within the last 10 years.  I 
visited a friend a few months ago who had quite a few of the Dozois year's 
best anthologies

The young woman receives a psychological control (total enslavement device) 
from one of the refugees she is interrogating.  Other aid officials try to 
take it from her.

For some reason, I thought it was a Wolfe piece.  (It was extremely 
well-written)

---

From: Alice Turner <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:09:46 +0000

>
> From: "Darryl Swett" <edorian at hotmail.com>
> Does anyone have any information on Aegypt and Love & Sleep being
> republished when the fourth book comes out?  I have an opportunity to
buy
> Aegypt in hardcover, in good condition, for $35.  But if it will be
> republished next year, I would prefer to save my money.  If anybody
knows,
> could you please tell me?

The fourth book won't be out next year. That book is -The Translator-, a
stand-alone. There are publication problems, too, with the series.
Bantam, his long-time publisher, ditched him, but they still have rights
to those books. Which means they would have to co-ordinate with his new
publisher (Morrow). They might put them out in mass-market paper--I
wouldn't count on it, though.

-alga

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/