Subject: (urth) New Wolfe in Dec. 2001 REALMS OF FANTASY (mild spoiler)

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:51:27 +0000

Wolfe has a story in the Dec. 2001 REALMS OF FANTASY entitled "Queen."  It's
a minor story, and only a little over two pages long, but is of interest as
his most specifically Catholic story (that I know of).

--Adam

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: John Barach <jbarach at telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:09:46 +0000

Adam writes:

> Wolfe has a story in the Dec. 2001 REALMS OF FANTASY entitled 
> "Queen."  It's a minor story, and only a little over two pages long, 
> but is of interest as his most specifically Catholic story (that I 
> know of).

Are you counting "The Seraph from Its Sepulchre" in Andrew M. Greeley
and Michael Cassutt's _Sacred Visions_ (Tor, 1991).

John
... who's new to Wolfe
and to the list, but
trying to catch up.

---

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:14:27 +0000

> and Michael Cassutt's _Sacred Visions_ (Tor, 1991).

I read that story a long time ago, and don't remember it that well.  I
vaguely recall their being a priest in it; is that right?

In any case, "Queen" is Catholic in a different sense (unless there's
something else about "Seraph" that's Catholic).

--Adam

---

From: John Barach <jbarach at telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:24:20 +0000

Adam writes:

> I read that story a long time ago, and don't remember it that well.
> I vaguely recall their being a priest in it; is that right?

Yes, there's a priest and the memory of past mission work among the
"seraphs."

John