Subject: RE: Digest urth.v030.n200

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:58:53 +0000

> >Oh--any hints on where in TBotSS I should look for the history by the guy
> >from Chicago?  I have only a vague memory of that.

> "In addition [to Scleroderma's account], there was a man in Urbasecundus
> who was said to have produced a similar book, although I had never seen
it."

Slow learner department: It suddenly hit me that the "man in Urbasecundus"
is Gene Wolfe, and the "similar book" is _his_ text of the BotLS.

Duh.

--Dan'l

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:05:51 +0000

> is Gene Wolfe, and the "similar book" is _his_ text of the BotLS.

Which should make you wonder about the differences between Wolfe's version
and Horn's...

-Rostrum

---

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:24:48 +0000

> is Gene Wolfe, and the "similar book" is _his_ text of the BotLS.

Well, at least it hit you without your being told.  I didn't get it even
with Mantis's hint (Chicago).  What I e-mailed to Brian the Invisible
Librarian was that it was presumably about Urbs, but I think I should
correct that.  Maybe just

Pseudo-Author: a man from Urbasecundus
Pseudo-Title: unknown
Comments: another history of the same events

-- 
Jerry Friedman

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com