Subject: (urth) New Sun and THE PARADOX MEN

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:20:19 +0000

In the 40s/50s, Charles L. Harness wrote a long work eventually known as
THE PARADOX MEN.

Recently I read this novel for the first time.  Right now I'm looking for
folks around here who might have read it.  (I should send a note to Damien
Broderick--I'll bet he has read it!) It seems to have some elements
pointing toward TBOTNS, but aside from that it is a fun read.

If you haven't read it yet, I hasten to add that it is not at all in the
flavor or mode of TBOTNS.  The mode is ala Van Vogt, so if you dislike Van
Vogt, you probably won't like this novel.  I was led to it by reading
Aldiss's SPACE OPERA anthology.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

---

From: Spectacled Bear <spectacled.bear at pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:33:09 +0000

At 18:20 2001-12-01, Michael Andre-Driussi wrote:
>folks around here who might have read it.

(raises a paw)

A wonderful book! It reads like a collaboration between van Vogt
and a writer. The other things I know by Harness are "The Rose"
and, er, you know, that other one with the confused photons.

Spectacled Bear, who enjoys vV really.