Subject: bookclub

From: MBS 808 <mbs808 at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:22:03 +0000

my brother is in a bookclub and asked me for
suggestions - I offered a few, including fifth head of
cerberus and Shadow of the torturer.. 

he asked me to pick just one .. ideas, thoughts, alternatives?

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online!
http://greetings.yahoo.com

---

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 15:38:27 +0000

If your brother's bookclub will consider a short story collection I'd
suggest THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR DEATH... if it's still in print.  I think
that's the best introduction to Wolfe for new readers.  Otherwise I'd have
to say 5HC.  I love PEACE, but it bends conventional narrative even more
radically than does 5HC, and unless the bookclub likes "experimental" works
or is really open-minded, I suspect they wouldn't like it.  And I wouldn't
recommend PANDORA to anyone.