Subject: dual list discussion

From: j e <lo_phan17 at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:53:22 +0000

Hello everyone
I'm a long time lurker but looking to post more often. I'm for one list but 
would prefer it Wolfe only. Pullman and Crowley may be fine writers, worthy 
of some of the fine-toothedness I've seen demonstrated here, but I'd prefer 
a Wolfe-dedicated discussion. Ranjit, is it possible to have a Wolfe list 
and a more open, general discussion list? I don't know how the financial 
side of whorl hosting works or what options you have but it seems to me 
you've enabled the formation of a community and it would be interesting to 
see the scope of exchange broadened. Anyone else feel similarly?

As for a handle I'm picking one that's seems both whorlly and close to my 
own name - Eule.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: William Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 04:36:20 +0000

I think we should have one list, or two. <g>

I think the Urth and Whorl lists should be combined into a single 
list, but I would like to see a second list for discussion of authors 
of interest to this group, other than Wolfe. (They could be called 
the Urth and Earth lists.)

If this second list is deemed inappropriate or in infeasible, then I 
think we should just have one list.
-- 

William Ansley

---

From: Spectacled Bear <spectacled.bear at pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:27:14 +0000

At 04:36 2001-12-10, William Ansley wrote:
>I think the Urth and Whorl lists should be combined into a single list, but I would like to see a second list for discussion of authors of interest to this group, other than Wolfe. (They could be called the Urth and Earth lists.)

"Now *that's* clever."  - Wallace, in "The Wrong Trousers".

Spectacled Bear, who thought of the same lists but would never have come up
with such a good name.