Subject: Re: Digest urth.v031.n022

From: Alice K. Turner <aturner3 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 22:14:36 +0000

> Yes, it's a fantastic essay.    I believe it positions Wolfe as a
conscious
> inheritor of Lewis and Tolkien  -  far more *deliberately* using his art
in
> the service of his political and social ideals than he has ever
acknowledged
> up till now.

I think I missed something. What are we talking about here? I tried to
access the archive but it seems out of business (as Ranjit has been warning
us it would be). Where is this essay posted? I presume it's the same one I
posted the reference to and Ratty replied to.

-alga

---

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:36:20 +0000

> posted the reference to and Ratty replied to.

No, it's an essay specifically about Tolkien, originally published in
INTERZONE.  It's posted at
http://home.clara.net/andywrobertson/docindex.html

--Adam