Subject: (urth) Getting permission for translation of Wolfe story

From: Christopher R. Culver <christopherculver at hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:58:31 +0000

Hello all,

I've translated "The Tale of the Town that Forgot Fauna" into Esperanto
and am hoping to submit it for publication. Knowing that getting
permission from the author would be the right thing to do, I wrote to
Tom Doherty Associates twice but never received a reply. I'm getting
rather impatient, and would hope to soon get an answer on whether I can
get this published or not (I stand to make no profit and, judging by the
reactions of my proofreaders, the appearance of this story would make
people buy Wolfe books, thus creating business for Wolfe and Tor). I
know Wolfe ocassionaly publicizes a PO Box to which one can write to get
copies of old Wolfe books, etc. Would writing to that be appropriate for
getting permission? If so, can someone please post the address?

Christopher Culver

------------------------------------------------------------
CHRISTOPHER R. CULVER
TEJO-volontulo en la Centra Oficejo de UEA kaj TEJO
Retposxto privata: christopherculver at hotmail.com
PGP-sxlosilo havebla de la servilo aux per peti de mi
"Felicxaj estas tiuj kiuj malsatas kaj soifas por justeco, cxar ili
estos satigitaj."
- Skt. Mateo 5:6
------------------------------------------------------------

Questions or problems: write ranjit at urth.net

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:06:03 +0000

Christopher Culver wrote:

>Tom Doherty Associates twice but never received a reply.

Try Gene Wolfe's agent, Virginia Kidd

Virginia Kidd
538 E. Harford St. P.O. Box 278
Milford PA 18337-0278

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
http://www.siriusfiction.com/