Subject: (urth) "It's all right there in Chapter 1"

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:37:00 +0000

...so Marc wrote; and I think that's a very important point. Looking at
BotNS and BotLS, both are written
in a somewhat holographic manner, with most of the "story" implied or stated
baldly in the first chatper.
Why should SS be any different? 

--

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:07:12 +0000

> Why should SS be any different? 

SS is also holographic, but I don't think Horn talks about genetics
because plants are the key.  Hybrids are the key.  Silk and Horn must be
combined to get the benefits of hybrid vigor, but it won't last.  
Eventually (corn) Silk must return to being a pure strain in order to be
healthy.

-Rostrum

--

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan4 at home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:33:35 +0000

>Eventually (corn) Silk must return to being a pure strain in order to be

If plant-human hybrids are a theme of the book, then consider the ultimate 
plant-human hybrid: the Roman Catholic transsubstantiated bread and wine. 
And this does seem to figure in the books, doesn't it?

Nutria

--