Subject: (urth) Fw: [fictionmags] Wolfe And Alternate History

From: Andy Robertson <andywrobertson at clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 08:03:34 +0000

And more ......

    hartshorn

----- Original Message ----- 
From: gvgfsf at aol.com 
To: fictionmags at yahoogroups.com 
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 1:06 AM
Subject: [fictionmags] Wolfe And Alternate History

>From Ellen Datlow, in London: 

I can't post to fictionmags from my yahoo mail address 
so could you pass the info to the person who asked 
about any alternate histories by Gene Wolfe that we 
published "Copperhead" in SCI FICTION in 2001 and it's 
an alternate history. 

Thanks. 
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

--

---

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:21:15 +0000

> published "Copperhead" in SCI FICTION in 2001 and it's 

Good gosh!  Maybe this statement will help me understand the story, but
how can you tell "Copperhead" is not near-future?  Does this make "The
Peace Spy" alternate history?

There's plenty of alternate history, of a sort, in BotNS, and rather less
in _Free Live Free_.

Speaking of BotNS, has anyone discussed the possibility that the Severian
in BotSS is not the one we know, but one from an "earlier" timeline?  That
would explain the discrepancies between the accounts of Merryn in New Sun
and Short Sun.  If either Severian or Silkhorn is simply deceiving us,
why?  (Not because Severian decided not to put Silkhorn in his book, it
seems to me--he could have broken that oath, as he broke so many others,
or he could have easily gotten around it.)

-- 
Jerry Friedman

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions! 
http://auctions.yahoo.com

--