Subject: (urth) Dorp judges and "The Waif"

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:25:45 +0000

--- Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:
> on 2/1/02 4:08 PM, Thomas Bitterman at tom at bitterman.net wrote:
...
> And when Silkhorn gives reasons for rebellion, he says nothing about
> tyranny.  First he explains it on the grounds of necessity for himself,
> and
> to keep Beroep and Aanvagen from being ruined; and because the judges
> are
> corrupt. (181)  Later he tells Capsicum "The judges had taken advantage
> of
> their [the people of Dorp's] good qualities, and so the judges had to
> go; if
> I had not removed them, the people themselves would have within a few
> years."

Isn't taking advantage of people's good qualities what the Flying People
do in "The Waif"?  Sort of the opposite of the inhumi.  But I'm just
throwing that out, because I don't understand "The Waif" (which is why I
didn't answer Dennis/Endy's query), and I probably don't understand lots
of BotSS either.

-- 
Jerry Friedman

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions! 
http://auctions.yahoo.com

--