From: Andy Robertson <andywrobertson at clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:06:14 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Andre-Driussi" <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
> Hartshorn wrote:
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "Michael Andre-Driussi" <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
> >>
> >> So the short form would be to say: "The signature phrase 'hour of
trust'
> >> applies equally to both the corporate and the rebel forces, not just
the
> >> corporate forces as one might believe after following the viewpoint
> >> character."
> >
> >
> >Exactly - as I read the story.
> >
> >To the other, the losing, side, it is a lethal betrayal of the deepest
form
> >of human trust.
>
> No, no! The losing side fails because they are decadent, corrupt, and
> bungling; they lack the creative vision, and only lead through dominance,
> manipulation, and coercion, rather than leading by example.

Uh, I thought I said that .......      No, we are only arguing about the
words here.

The central point of this story is the need to build an actual moral
community, a nation, to fight a war (or indeed to do anything else).

The Corporates are what is left when parasites and carpetbaggers have eaten
the old living Republic from the inside.  They have no moral relationship
with each other at all.

The revolutionaries are a strange new growth, springing out of the corpse,
poisonous but alive.

     hartshorn

(on all other points, I yield, I yield . . . . .  spare my life!!!)

--