Subject: (urth) archives

From: maa32 <maa32 at dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:25:58 +0000

This is just an observation, and it really doesn't mean anything.  I just 
noticed that when Andy Robertson replies to a post, it uses the original 
senders ID on the archives (at least, it does that with mine) (in effect, it 
looks like I posted almost twice as much as I really did in the last archive).
 I really don't mind this at all, but it's kind of odd, and could be confusing 
in trying to figure out who said what. (In a personal interaction with another 
poster, one of Andy's statements was mistakenly attributed to me, and this 
might explain why ... I hadn't noticed before). Oh well, we'll just consider 
this a cozy intellectual community. You don't mind sharing your identity, do 
you Andy? :) We could be like Silkhorn. "Did Silk or Horn say that?"
I don't know if it does that with everyone who responds or just Andy, but I 
was wondering if there was some cause.

Also, does anybody know if any prominent critic (besides Clute and Dirda, of 
course) like Harold Bloom has ever read Gene Wolfe?  If Bloom praises Crowley 
and David Lindsay so highly, I can only imagine he would not dismiss Wolfe out 
of hand if he read his work (as he dismisses, say, Dorris Lessing).  Alga, 
didn't you have some vague connection with Bloom at one time? (sorry if I 
misremembered that).  Foist Wolfe on him.
Marc Aramini

--