Subject: (urth) Wolfe interview online

From: Endy9 <endymion91 at attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:39:53 +0000

Great interview at Science Fiction Weekly printed  2/18/02.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/advance/18_interview.html
--
Dennis/Endy
http://home.attbi.com/~phleblori1/endy9/index.htm
"The journey is better than the inn" - Cervantes
--

--

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:18:12 +0000

>http://www.scifi.com/sfw/advance/18_interview.html

I really enjoyed the Huddleston interview, and there are a lot of things
that can be discussed about it, but the one thing that struck me hardest was
that Wolfe now has a computer and internet access. I wonder what effect that
fact will have upon this list. For myself, when I knew that Wolfe didn't
have those things, and at his age didn't seem likely to get them, it didn't
matter so much what I wrote on the list, because he wasn't ever going to see
it. Now . . .

-Roy

--

---

From: Andy Robertson <andywrobertson at clara.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:36:46 +0000

Original Message -----
From: "Roy C. Lackey" <rclackey at stic.net>
> fact will have upon this list.

Well, I have e-mailed him :-)

    hartshorn

--

---

From: Kieran Cleary <kcleary at jb.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:06:13 +0000

Just read the Wolfe interview....thanks to Dennis/Endy for the heads-up.
Slightly puzzled, though, by the following..

>Then David Hartwell came back and said, "We have to put in a paragraph at
>the end. It says, 'Oh, by the way, Severian goes off world and he gets a 
>white hole and he comes back and inserts it in our sun and hides the
>universe'

Hides the universe?

Kieran C.

--