Subject: (urth) A couple of Marc's comments...

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:44:46 +0000

Marc writes...

> It makes sense of why the narrator needs to find Seawrack, the spy of
> the mother who jeopardizes the fate of mankind.  

H'mmmm.... it also occurs to me that, if we grant your hypothesis, it
simplifies the connection between the Mother and Scylla-of-Urth: they're
the same "person." 

> An eponym is also a word that comes from someone's name, like sandwiches
or
> johns/crappers (according to urban legend, anyway). I was trying to figure
> out what eponym might help solve that scene.  Regalio says his real name
is
> Roger, but that means very little to me.  Roger?

Well, someone else mentioned "roger" in radio-ese: basically means "I 
understand" (and "roger wilco" is "I understand and WILl COmply"). But 
what immediately comes to my mind is that "to roger" is an old British 
slang verb, roughly meaning "to fuck," but not quite as high on the 
obscenity scale - probably about level with "bugger" for shock value, 
i.e., very little.

Not that this helps very much.

--