Subject: Re: (urth) Blank Frack, apologies

From: William Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 06:14:30 +0000

At 6:14 PM -0600 3/1/02, Seth Lombardi wrote:

>I am aware of the meaning of the word, and fully admit the song has 
>little to do with a pelagic argosy sighting land.

My apologies. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what the 
word meant, although I can see now, re-reading what I wrote, that it 
must have come across that way. I was merely trying to illustrate 
that Black's use of the word was appropriate and it wouldn't have 
been all that hard for him to have found out what the word meant, 
himself.

[...]

>Still, pelagic is one helluva weird word to put in a rock song, 
>where the purpose is not to appear erudite, doncha think?

I suppose it is, but I don't listen to very much rock music, so that 
aspect of the song hadn't occurred to me.
-- 

William Ansley

--