Subject: (urth) Wolfe interview on SF SITE

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 06:56:31 +0000

My interview with GW is now up on SF SITE
(www.sfsite.com)

--Nick Gevers.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com

--

---

From: Andy Robertson <andywrobertson at clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:49:54 +0000

You have some cheek, Mr Gevers!!

As I thought - Wolfe is obeying internally generated mythic imperatives in
creating these patterns.    He does not know if Ushas/Lune is Blue/Green,
and he can't tell us.

    Andy R

[Trying again:] Can your readers usefully view The Fifth Head of Cerberus as
being set in the same science-fictional universe as New Sun, Long Sun, and
Short Sun? Why does Fifth Head's pattern of blue/green sister worlds recur
so tantalisingly in Urth/Lune, Blue/Green?

[Wolfe]
I don't know.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicholas Gevers" <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
To: <urth at urth.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 6:56 AM
Subject: (urth) Wolfe interview on SF SITE

--

---

From: Steve Strickland <sstrickland at satx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:12:18 +0000

Nice interview.

And it's good to get the definitive word on the secret of the inhumi.  

Steve Strickland

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Nicholas Gevers" <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
To: <urth at urth.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 12:56 AM
Subject: (urth) Wolfe interview on SF SITE

--

---

From: Nigel Price <nigel.a.price at virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:35:18 +0000

>>My interview with GW is now up on
>>SF SITE (www.sfsite.com)
>>
>>--Nick Gevers.

>From the interview - which I enjoyed very much, though I laughed perhaps
more than I learned...

NG: You're very good at parody...Many of the stories in "Strange Travelers"
appear to be homages on some level, some obvious...but others more
fugitively so (...M R James in "One-Two-Three For Me")...

GW: I'm amazed that you saw M. R. James in "One-Two-Three For Me." You're
very perceptive.

[NG: Actually, this was pointed out by somebody else, whose name presently
escapes me...]

Irritatingly, young Price bounces up and down at the back of the classroom,
waving his hand importunately in the air, an expression of intense pain on
his face while he implores, "Me, Doctor Gevers! Me! Ooof! Ooof! It was me!
It was me!" (See Subject: (urth) A Haunting Similarity?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:54:30, as preserved in volume 28 of the Urth
archives!)

Nigel

--