Subject: (urth) 5HC essays at Ultan's Library

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:06:56 +0000

Well hey, if people are still perculating on 5HC, get on over to Ultan's
Library and read the two essays there.  First by Peter Wright, who, as I've
written before, does a great job on the post-colonialist interpretation of
5HC; and then the response by our favorite Robert Borski, which I
especially like since he says pretty much what I would have said, and he
does it better than I probably would have.

Then again, if everybody has already read them, then I can say, "Yes, as I
read Wright's essay I began to expect _The Stranger_ by Camus to be
mentioned--it was always just around the corner, just over the horizon, and
then the essay was done and--what, no Camus?" and people will know what I'm
talking about.

=mantis=

P.S. Re: picking the hits, in one of the old interviews ("Thrust #19,"
1983) Gene Wolfe says that "King Under the Mountain" and "Thou Spark of
Blood" are among his worst stories.

=m=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
PEACE INDEXICON update SOON!
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

--