Subject: (urth) Technical Difficulties - Please Stand By

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <ranjit at moonmilk.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:11:19 +0000

Something funny is going on with the mailing list software,
and I've asked the system administrator to look into it.  If
you send a message that gets rejected, try again in a day or
two. 

- Ranjit

--

---

From: Alice K. Turner <aturner6 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:55:06 +0000

> you send a message that gets rejected, try again in a day or

It might help if everyone would please turn off their MIME or "rich text"
abilities in favor of ""plain text" for Urth messages--you, Ratty, are a
sinner here--as are, more forgivably, the newbies. All that formatting takes
up a lot of space.

-alga

--

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan4 at cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:00:44 +0000

>sinner here--as are, more forgivably, the newbies. All that formatting takes

I'm using Eudora. If someone knows how to turn this off, and can give me 
directions, I'll be happy to do so. I cannot figure it out from what Eudora 
provides. I'm computer and internet illiterate.

Nutria (Ratty)

--

---

From: matthew.malthouse <matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:26:51 +0000

>provides. I'm computer and internet illiterate.

For Eudora 5.1.  In the menu bar go to tools...

Select the Options...  (on a PC) or Settings... (on a Mac) item.

In the panel that comes up on the left hand side select "Styled Text"

Of the options then presented select "Send plain text only".

HTH

Matthew

--