Subject: (urth) the sound of one hand laughing

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:46:14 +0000

Regarding a timeline for 5HC that puts humans originating from another star
system on Gondwanaland, Tony Ellis wrote:
>If there's any actual evidence in 5HC to back up this theory I'm genuinely
>interested to hear it - but I can't think of any.

Adam Stephanides, re-reading the Gene Wolfe interview (1992), quotes and
responds:
>> GW: No. I thought of it as a long past universe. Something that we are
>> repeating rather than something that we are.
>
>Wolfe said this?  I'm quite surprised, even shocked.  I'm pretty much of an
>intentionalist, but (without having reread all the books) this strikes me as
>a pointless complication with no textual warrant.

=mantis=

SIRIUS FICTION
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
36 Lexicons left until OP!
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

--

---

From: Tony Ellis <littlesense at necronomicon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:06:46 +0000

Hmm. It's not clear what point is being made here, but I'm sure it can't be
that we should be satisfied with explanations of Wolfe's stories that are in
no way backed-up by the stories themselves. :-)

--