Subject: (urth) PANDORA written in the Seventies

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 04:03:41 +0000

In his latest letter to me, GW indicates PANDORA BY
HOLLY HOLLANDER was completed in July 1979. Confirms
John Clute's supposition.

--Nick Gevers.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com

--

---

From: Jeff Prucher <jprucher at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 05:03:57 +0000

> John Clute's supposition.

This suggests to me that the forward to PbHH was written later than the rest of
the novel.  In it, Wolfe writes (as Pandora): "This just one that took a long
time to sell. (Except in France, so _vive la France!_....)"  Was Pandora
published originally in France, in any form?  I couldn't find any evidence in
the usual sources, and I didn't find anything from a quick google search.  It
seems an odd thing to write if it's not true, but it wouldn't be the first time
one of Wolfe's narrator's was less than truthful.

-Jeff Prucher

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

--