Subject: (urth) BOTNS: Thecla

From: Russell Wodell <hse at telus.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 00:30:46 +0000

How is the name Thecla pronounced?
 
I believe it is Biblical, hence probably Hebrew but I just suddenly
noticed how close the name is to the claw, which has implications no?

--

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:19:43 +0000

Russell Wodell wrote:

>I believe it is Biblical, hence probably Hebrew & but I just suddenly
>noticed how close the name is to  the claw,  which has implications & no?

My understanding is that it is pronounced "THEH-kluh," not "THUH-klah" or
"THEE-klah."  (Those "th" sounds might even be different, voiced vs.
unvoiced, but I can't hear it right now.  The difference between "thin" and
"the": yes, I think they are different, Thecla being like "thin" and "the
claw" being, obviously, "the.")

But yes, I have seen the discovery of the eerie linkage between Thecla and
"the claw" a number of times over the years

=mantis=

--