Subject: (urth) Bluvian blood bank

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 18:04:59 +0000

So we posit a technocratic solution, a human-to-inhumi blood bank.  Foster
dependence, or codify the biological to nullify the unpleasant while
accepting the unchangeable.  Somehow the inhumi will work off their debt,
sweat for their, er, bread, performing air-courier services and
non-strength onerous labor, like, oh I dunno, childcare. ;)

And a cadre of vampire police, to deter any feeding outside of the blood
bank, even between consenting adults. :)

Screening prospective blood donors: saints are always in hot demand
(although as rare as . . . well, as saints), and so are utilitarian
pragmatists.  Criminals are probably forbidden.  Gothic teens?  A gray area
:), but one that probably does not exist on Blue where vampires are
undeniably real and frontier-life is too busy to support large scale art
decadence.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
31 copies of "Snake's-hands" until OP!
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

--

---

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 20:14:48 +0000

--- Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com> wrote:
> So we posit a technocratic solution, a human-to-inhumi blood bank.

I don't see any need for technology or a bank, which is probably
well beyond the capabilities of Blue.
 
> Foster

Gosh, the first thing I should have thought of!

> bank, even between consenting adults. :)

Already in existence (though Bluvians seem to be surprisingly
careless at times), except for the consenting-adults part.  But
central control of anything, especially something that needs only two
fangs and a wrist, is a long way off in Blue's future.  Maybe in some
of the more tyranically ruled individual towns you could make some
kind of attempt.

> pragmatists.  Criminals are probably forbidden.

As are people who satirize suggestions on mailing lists.  :-)

> Gothic teens?  A gray area

On the other hand, the set-up could encourage immigration of Goths
from Nessus, which must have them.  Once we get those mirrors working.

Jerry Friedman

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

--