Subject: (urth) Another Overarching Theory of Short Sun...

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:23:55 +0000

Well, no, not really, but another approach to what's going on here.
Moving slowly through OBW, I found this:

		Throughout my life I have done my best to 
		imitate Silk (as I am doing here in Gaon), 
		at times with some success.
			--ON BLUE'S WATERS, p.187 (h/c)

Does it make sense to consider Horn's/the Narrator's entire journey 
in the light of an imitation of Silk in the sense of "the Imitation
of Christ?" In the latter, the writer gives advice to Christians --
intended principally for monastic brothers, to be sure -- on how to
imitate the life of Christ so as to become ever closer to Him; in a
sense, one is to _become_, not Christ, but a Christ, to present Him
(that is, to make Him present) to the world and also to present the 
world to Him (which not-at-all coincidentally is the job from which
derives the priest's title "vicar," albeit on another level). 

world to Him (which not-at-all coincidentally is the job from which
I think we all recognize imitation as a major theme of Short Sun in 
general; I am just throwing this particular example of imitation out 
to see if it resonates for anyone besides myself ... 

--Dan'l

Through faith we are right-justified

--