Subject: (urth) host bodies for the gods

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:33:47 +0000

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Josh Geller wrote:

> Ah! And Mint would be the body planned for what's-her-name, the war
> goddess.

Sphigx?  I see her in an embryo enhanced for physical strength (Chenille,
maybe), if not a godling, but, are the godlings bios or chems?  I'd think
a nuclear-powered, moisture-eating, super-strong, near-immortal chem like
Sand would be the ideal host if there weren't some other inherent
drawbacks.  Maybe they'd miss animal pleasures like sex and eating.  Or
maybe Councilor Lemur's fate speaks to the problem of bios trying to be
chems.

I don't think Mint is an enhanced embryo.  Rather, posession gave her an
extra boost of bravery, charisma, and leadership skills (Horn quotes Silk
as attributing Mint's "warlike nature" to the influence of Kypris).

> And Mucor the spooky one.

I think that's probably right -- although I wonder how much of Mucor's
spookiness comes from Blood not having the technology  to do the embryo
right and/or treating her more like an animal than a person.

-Rostrum

--