Subject: (urth) Dale Peck

From: Alice K. Turner <aturner6 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:06:06 +0000

OK, it's off the wall.But because of this review
http://www.tnr.com/040201/2peck040201.html I have been in engaged in a
lengthy (amazingly lengthy, actually, almost like here) discussion with the
novelist Jonathan Carroll about young mainstream novelists and to a degree
about Peck. It's been fun for me. (Will send correspondence if anyone is
truly curious, which I doubt.) But I'd like to invite you all to read -Now
It's Time to Say Goodbye-, Peck's last novel. It's amazingly Wolfish in its
way, very offbeat genre. Don't even think about it if gay themes offend you.
but you can certainly interpret it as about being an alien, or dealing with
aliens. Not at all a "realistic" novel, sort of an oddball cerebral
thriller, just our cuppa tea, and now in paperback.

-alga

--

---

From: Alice K. Turner <aturner6 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 18:26:01 +0000

Oops, that wasn't the starting point (Iy; been going on even onger than I
thought). This was:
http://www.thenewrepublic.com/doc.mhtml?i=20020701&s=peck070102

--