Subject: (urth) "Thou Spark of Blood"

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:38:33 +0000

Adam Stephanides wrote:
>And thanks for posting on "Thou Spark of Blood."  Sounds like something
>worth looking for after all, though not worth paying an exorbitant amount
>for.

Right.  Further context on my situation: at a new used-book store I
happened upon a big collection of "Worlds of If."  Since I keep a booklist
or two in my wallet, it was easy to look up what I wanted.  I paid $2.

So while I have been "looking" for it for years, I haven't strained myself
at it.

More context on reading: I anticipated something more like Wolfe's story
"Cherry Jubilee" crossed with that original Star Trek series episode
("Conscience of the King," was it?) of using a Shakespearean play to expose
a disguised killer, somehow.  I was completely surprised, since it isn't
like that at all.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
30 copies of "Snake's-hands" until OP!
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

--