Subject: (urth) coldhouse

From: maa32 <maa32 at dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:29:10 +0000

I had always assumed that the victim in the coldhouse prank was Sherry Gold's 
brother, who was not on the best of terms with his parents and wanted to move 
out (as I recall from a readiing a few years ago - or was he already living in 
a boardinghouse?)  Perhaps he confronted Weer about his sister after getting a 
job there (he was looking for a job, right?) and then Weer took the 
opportunity to play a convenient prank on him.  Of course, I need to read 
Peace again. Just my  two cents.  At least Gold has motive to get close to 
Weer, and Weer has reason to get rid of Sherry's brother.  
Marc Aramini

--

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:30:24 +0000

Marc Aramini wrote:
>a boardinghouse?)

The coldhouse prank was in 1938.

Weer met Sherry around 1954.

Sherry was only just born at the time of the prank (1954 - 16 = 1938).
Which is rather weird, come to think of it.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
29 copies of "Snake's-hands" until OP!
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

--