Subject: (urth) Borski's Lime Theory and all

From: James Wynn <crushtv at hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:58:51 +0000

Borski said:
Bonus gratuity: although I don't belief this is true, in order to make your
theory work, you might try arguing that "Lime" is short for "Limestone."

Crush answers:
Are you kidding? Lime isn't short for anything!! It's calcium oxide.
Limestone is calcium carbonate. This theory fits so well with my own
(regarding Hyacinth), so in line with the way I read Wolfe's clues, and so
unlikely to be coincidental that I'm inclined to contact Wolfe and try to
convince him to take his answer back.

Alas, unless and until he does there's no way to get the Lime Theory off the
ground.  Our situation is similar to that of an orthodox Christian if God
were to say, "Trinity? I'm sorry...what was that again?"

As for Newt as her father. The text names him as a *regular* clerk when
Hyacinth is a child and a *head* clerk (working under "officers") when Silk
goes to see him. You are suggesting that Silk has promoted someone whom he
knows only thru his wife as "a horse's arse" past several ranks at the Fisc
to control the purse of the most important governmental body in Viron. I
can't see it.

-- Crush

--