Subject: (urth) Nutria on Silk's airship near-suicide

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:41:36 +0000

Nutria quoted a few and wrote:

>> > Or do you say Silk tried to kill himself because
>> > someone helped Hy overpower the pilot?
>>
>>Not because someone helped her, but because she lied to Silk about what
>>really happened.  He was sad about being lied to.
>
>It's been a long time, but I thought it was because Hy had been unfaithful
>to him.

I agree with Nutria.  I would also add that, aside from the act of
cheating, Hy showed evidence of not loving Silk the way that Silk loved
her; furthermore, Silk was wondering if he really loved Hy at all, or the
goddess that was riding her.  (That goddess, btw, is what I think is the
presence that means Hy is not acting "alone" in dealing with the pilot, or
dealing with Silk either.)

Putting this together, Silk suddenly had all his happiness torn away from
him and was shown a version of reality where he was a mere puppet of a
goddess who really didn't give a fig for him (or, at a more mundane level,
a lesbo-spy from the enemy state was using him).  The world was a lie, his
life was a lie, his job as calde' was a lie, and his thoughts turned to
self-slaughter.

=mantis=

--