Subject: (urth) Wolfe excerpt online

From: Ron Crown <crownrw at slu.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:41:01 +0000

The excerpt from Wizard Knight to be published in the Fall issue of
Conjunctions (mentioned by Nick Gevers a while back) is available online
at the Conjunctions website.  Pretty impressive looking issue.

http://www.conjunctions.com/justout.htm

Ron Crown
Reference Librarian
Saint Louis University

--

---

From: Christopher Culver <christopher_culver at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 00:14:00 +0000

Ron Crown wrote:
> Conjunctions (mentioned by Nick Gevers a while back) is available
> online at the Conjunctions website.

I must say that the language looks somewhat juvenile, but I get the
feeling that there will enough standard Wolfe trickiness to keep me
interested. I've never read THE DEVIL IN A FOREST, so I've never seen
Wolfe write to a younger audience before. 

> Saint Louis University

Small world. I'm a freshman at SLU's Madrid campus.

Christopher Culver <christopher_culver at yahoo.com>

--

---

From: Steve Strickland <sstrickland at satx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 22:38:03 +0000

This looks very promising.  When's it supposed to come out?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the quickest and easiest way to learn the
essentials of Norse mythology?  I need to learn the basics anyway before
reading American Gods.

Steve Strickland

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Crown" <crownrw at SLU.EDU>
To: <urth at urth.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 1:41 PM
Subject: (urth) Wolfe excerpt online

--

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:54:51 +0000

Steve Strickland wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on the quickest and easiest way 
> to learn the essentials of Norse mythology?  I need to learn
> the basics anyway before reading American Gods.

Actually, you really don't, but if you really want to, ... h'mmm.
Check out the mythology section of a good children's library, there
are always good books of Gods And Heroes there. But stay far, far
away from Marvel Comics's THOR.

--