Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v006.n027

From: Alice Turner <al at smtp.emailserv.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 11:48:48 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

Disclave is a "bookish" convention in Washington D.C. May1-3. Gene Wolfe is
going to be Guest of Honor. I have been asked if I want to participate on a
panel (this suggested to them by the other GoH, Terry Bisson, who is a good
friend of mine, and who knows about our listserv group).

Well, I'm not much of a convention person, and usually I just do an editors
panel on the rare occasions when I attend---but this time I wondered if any
of you guys would be interested in coming, and if maybe we could put
together a panel from the group. I'm sure they'd be interested. If *you*
are, email me. Also email ideas on how to organize it, as I'm kind of a
neophyte.

I'm sure most of you know that Wolfe is also GoH at the World Fantasy
Convention in Baltimore at Halloween, and maybe you were planing to go to
that instead if only one trip east is in the crystal ball. If we can't get
it together for D.C., maybe we could do that one. But the advantage here is
that I've actually been *asked*! Also, it will be much smaller, which could
be a plus or minus.

Anyway, I'm going to wait for feedback before getting back to them.

-alga-