Subject: (urth) PEACE: Olivia's love-quadrangle

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:40:06 +0000

Just to hammer it all out and down:

Olivia: had sexual relations with Peacock before her marriage, and had
relations with Macafee after her marriage.  She is unhappy, and the source
might be as mundane as finding herself no longer in the courtship limelight
-- feeling unfit to be a wife

Smart: married to Olivia, unsettled by her activities with Peacock and Macafee.

Macafee: happy.

Peacock: Smart's old friend, Olivia's spurned lover, he is presumably
murderously jealous of Olivia's trysts with Macafee.  Maybe he would rather
kill Olivia than Macafee because he doesn't think Olivia would visit him if
Macafee were eliminated; or maybe it is cloaked in Peacock's mind as
outrage for his friend Smart that Smart's wife is cheating on him.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
29 copies of "Snake's-hands" until OP!
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

--