Subject: (urth) there can be only one + slight spoiler

From: maa32 <maa32 at dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:06:15 +0000

I got a real kick out of Michael Straight's post on the necessity of giving 
Pas two heads - especially the highlander reference. Any other Highlander fans 
out there?  Do you hate Highlander, Michael?  If we were going to talk about 
inconsistencies, that would be the series to debate about.

Hey, here is a brief and small spoiler for the excerpt from Knight.  Don't 
look unless you are prepared ....

s
p
a
c
e

The narrator meets a tree nymph or a dryad, gets it on with her in the forest, 
and then transforms into something else, an obviously larger body with a 
sinewy neck than the boy who begins the story.  Just in case you think trees 
as an agent of transformation for a narrator never entered Wolfe's creative 
consciousness - it can't be mistaken this time around.

Have fun.
Marc Aramini

--