Subject: RE: (urth)Maid Moly

From: James Wynn <crushtv at hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:04:05 +0000

Matthew Malthouse posits:
I'm reasonably certain that even in it's best years the Cenoby would not
have extended to that many maids and if Marble or Molybdenum wroked in a
grander private house we don't see it to judge.

Crush responds:
Well, caveat that my theories do not **require** any specific employment by
Marble except in the last 60 years or so. I say Moly **must** have been at
the cenoby since humans came to Viron because Marble (while impersonating
Moly in front of Hammerstone) says she was. I do, however, presume that she
(like Moly) was there from the beginning.

That said, when there were more, grander sacrifices at the Sun St. mantaeon,
sacrifices of children and lots of animals, when there were more sibyls to
cook for and clean up after, I could see that more maids would have been
**very** useful. Consider how Marble praised Mint for taking Rose's (very
large) last sacrifice outside because it would have take them hours to clean
up afterwards.

Furthermore, when chems were more common and more easily afforded, the
**perceived** need for more of them would have been greater. Just as
Americans frequently perceive a **need** for two cars per family.

-- Crush

--