Subject: (urth) Two FLF details

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:02:37 +0000

I carelessly deleted a post that mentioned Linda Loring.  She's a
character in at least two of Raymond Chandler's novels--Philip
Marlowe is in love with her.  Robert Mitchum played Marlowe in
_The Big Sleep_ and _Farewell, My Lovely_, but Linda Loring isn't
in those movies.

The IMDB appears to search only for real people, not characters.

Also, Unnamed City has a TV station called WROM (in Stubbs' 
questioning of Mrs. Baker).  The only TV station by that name that
I could find is or more likely was in Rome, Georgia--which can't be
the setting of FLF, at least in our universe.  Maybe a reference
to a Rome that's more important to Wolfe?

-- 
Jerry Friedman

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

--

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at hotpop.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:48:01 +0000

Actually IMDB **will** search for characters (just enter Philip Marlowe and
you'll see it is true). It appears no movie (listed there) used the
character or at least the name "Linda Loring".

-- Crush

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Friedman [mailto:jerry_friedman at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 1:03 PM
To: urth at urth.net
Subject: (urth) Two FLF details

--
Jerry Friedman

--

--